Accounting & Reporting
Protecting the General Ledger
Your general ledger is the heart of reporting and an area of key risk for fraudulent financial reporting. Mistakes in the journal entry process can lead to misrepresentation of financial results — a clear violation of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
Oversight provides complete visibility into accounting and reporting systems, identifying mistakes or violations as they happen and before they impact financial reporting.
Our advanced analytics automatically monitors sub-ledger postings and manual journal entries. As exceptions occur, the appropriate individuals are immediately notified to quickly resolve issues in the underlying financial systems. Integrated workflow features make it easy for you to track, follow-up and validate the resolutions.
Quickly Resolve Journal Inaccuracies
Oversight monitors accounting and reporting systems in real time, providing quick exception resolution:
- Oversee segregation of duties in relation to the general ledger.
- Identify duplicate or unbalanced journal entries.
- Ensure sub-ledgers accurately feed the general ledger.
- Flag entries with an unusual amount or time of entry.
- Ensure standard, recurring journal entries occur as planned.
- Locate inappropriate manual entries.
- Diagnose deviations between sub-ledgers and the general ledger.
- Validate that journal entries contain all necessary information.
- Pinpoint unauthorized interaction with the general ledger.
Request more information about Oversight
If you wish to set-up a risk-free and obligation-free consultation, please provide us with your details and we will contact you.
Barnstone, through its extended partnership with SAP, will offer managed mobility services (MMS) leveraging the SAP® Mobile Platform. Barnstone will offer an innovative mobility solution to corporate end users. Read about how enterprise mobility has become a vital and competitive differentia..
Evolutionary Technology: The traditional platform for ERP systems is big, expensive iron, but cloud computing may be about to change that for the better. Over the past decade or so, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) has become part of the fabric of big business and is increasingly permeatin..
Do you need more information about our services?
Call us now on 012 665 4042 or send us an email using our contact form.