Accounting & Reporting
Protecting the General Ledger
Your general ledger is the heart of reporting and an area of key risk for fraudulent financial reporting. Mistakes in the journal entry process can lead to misrepresentation of financial results — a clear violation of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
Oversight provides complete visibility into accounting and reporting systems, identifying mistakes or violations as they happen and before they impact financial reporting.
Our advanced analytics automatically monitors sub-ledger postings and manual journal entries. As exceptions occur, the appropriate individuals are immediately notified to quickly resolve issues in the underlying financial systems. Integrated workflow features make it easy for you to track, follow-up and validate the resolutions.
Quickly Resolve Journal Inaccuracies
Oversight monitors accounting and reporting systems in real time, providing quick exception resolution:
- Oversee segregation of duties in relation to the general ledger.
- Identify duplicate or unbalanced journal entries.
- Ensure sub-ledgers accurately feed the general ledger.
- Flag entries with an unusual amount or time of entry.
- Ensure standard, recurring journal entries occur as planned.
- Locate inappropriate manual entries.
- Diagnose deviations between sub-ledgers and the general ledger.
- Validate that journal entries contain all necessary information.
- Pinpoint unauthorized interaction with the general ledger.
Request more information about Oversight
If you wish to set-up a risk-free and obligation-free consultation, please provide us with your details and we will contact you.
Barnstone today announced it has extended its partnership with SAP in Africa and will offer managed mobility services (MMS) leveraging the SAP® Mobile Platform. Barnstone will offer an innovative mobility solution to corporate end users. IT News Africa March 5th 2013 Read more ..
The wave of recent violent strikes that has recently hit the South African mining industry demonstrates the need for experienced teams to manage unusual, high-profile and complex events. In response to this need, Barnstone Corporate Services has launched Barnstone Mining Crisis Response. Who..
Do you need more information about our services?
Call us now on 012 665 4042 or send us an email using our contact form.